Friday 15 January 2010

... they picked up the pieces in a basket.

It's the end of the second week of my project to spend the years reading Stephen King novels, and I'm really enjoying it.  At the moment I am well into Under the Dome, King's newest novel, and I'm glad ot say that it has kept me engaged from the very first word.  I do find most books I start to read can be very hard for me to get into, including some of King's, and I wondered if I was going to fall at the first hurdle, but I am glad to say I haven't.

In Under the Dome there are a vast number of characters, some that are easy to love and route for, and others that are easy to hate and you would punch if you met them in real life.  My hope is that those I love will make it to the end, and those I hate will get what's coming to them, but I'll have to wait and see.

Below is an interview with Stephen King, about Under the Dome, and his writing life in general.  It's also where I got the title of this post from... you'll see what I mean.


2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. Looking forward to reading more about your year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God!!! This man never stops to amaze me! He actualy said sometimes he wanted to be better and have more originality?
    I meen... He IS the father of popular writing!
    I just wish more other writers had this kind of humbleness.

    ReplyDelete